Monday, November 24, 2008

What are best friends?

The title best friends is so overrated. Nowadays, alot of people say stuff like you're my bestfriend and no matter what through thick and thin, i'll stand by your side no matter right or wrong, never judge you, always give you my shoulder to cry on, sisters forever and etc.

In my life, I've been disappointed by many people with the examples given above. But let me tell you about this one girl I know. Her name is Lydia :D

I met her in junior year during my early college days. We were so different in more ways then one but we still clicked! She and I would always be together in college and even when its not in college. People would ask me where's my lesbian partner when she wasn't around! Haha we were inseparable! When we went into different majors, we still kept in contact and met up every now and then.

Lydia has never judged me or turn away from me when I needed help. No matter how stupid or boring or terrible were the things I wanted to talk about, she'll listen to me and always give her feedback. I tell her everything and I know that it'll always be safe with her!

There was a time in my life when I was really upset and she was there with me through in all. She let me cry on her shoulder and give me hugs! Even though we both know that I've made a mistake, she never lectured me but instead cheers me up.

Bestfriends are people who actually carry out their duties and not just talk the talk but also walk the walk! It's not easy but that's what makes the title so special! You truly deserve it, Lydia!

I thank God for you :D

I'm proud to say, she is truly one of my besties and my lil sister! ( and at times, my big sister too! hehe) *hugs*



p.s. all the best for your finals!

4 comments:

mikuen said...

awwww! ♥
your post is so sweet!
I love you :D

Thanks for burning the midnight oil with me last night!
I can't believe I actually finished up the project!

*hugs*!
cheesy much but - best frenz 4evah! x)

fernfern said...

you're welcome lydia! sorry i fell asleepz T_T

haha i'm glad i could help :D i love u too! Thanks for coming over!

Peggyanagi said...

psst...i remember...when we were still room mate... once she told me, before entering college she prayed that she would met someone whom she can call as best friend.

and then she said she met you.

and now i saw this post, im so glad that you feel the same :) so good :)

fernfern said...

hehe aww thanks peggy. kantoi d ah lydia :P hehe i love ya too :D